The B-complex contains eight vitamins from vitamins group B, which are not stored in the human body, so we must ensure a sufficient supply every day. Their collective name is B-complex, because vitamins from this group are usually found together in food. They perform all important roles in the human body together and their effects complement or reinforce each other. They help increase the function of the entire nervous system. When people feel stressed or depressed, they transmit nerve impulses and help nerve cells communicate with each other and function properly.
It is important to take vitamin B as a complex. Their positive effect on the body is mutual. Deficiency of B vitamins mainly affects vegetarians and vegans, because B vitamins are contained in larger amounts in foods of animal origin - salmon, chicken and beef, liver, milk, eggs. In addition to B vitamins, the nutritional supplement is also enriched with vitamins C and E, which fight against oxidative stress.
B-COMPLEX EXTRA contains:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - is essential for supplying the cell with energy. It plays an important role in the body by helping to convert the nutrients in the diet into energy.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - acts in the body as an antioxidant, thus protecting cells from the effects of unwanted toxins. The first sign of riboflavin deficiency is the formation of "corners" on the mouth and we can observe undesirable changes on the skin. Vitamin B2 contributes to the maintenance of healthy mucous membranes, skin and good eyesight.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) - is one of the few vitamins that the body can produce under certain conditions (if there is a sufficient amount of the amino acid tryptophan in the body). However, a sufficient amount of vitamins B1, B2 and B6 is also required for its production. The main function of niacin is to participate in the digestion of ingested carbohydrates, lipids and proteins and the subsequent production of energy.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) - Pantothenic acid contributes to fatigue reduction and healthy mental performance.
- Vitamin B6 - contributes to normal mental and nervous activity, to reduce the level of stress, fatigue and exhaustion.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin) - is used in the body to digest lipids, proteins and carbohydrates and is important for energy production. It helps maintain healthy hair, mucous membranes and skin.
- Vitamin B9 (folate, folic acid) - contributes to the proper function of the psyche and helps reduce fatigue and exhaustion. Vitamin B9 also has a positive effect on the function of the immune system.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) - affects a wide range of functions in the body. It is important for the proper functioning of the nervous system, psyche, red blood cell production (erythropoiesis) and is also needed to convert nutrients from food into usable energy.
- Vitamin C - contributes to maintaining the proper functioning of the immune system during and after intense physical exertion and acts as an antioxidant in the fight against free radicals.
- Vitamin E - helps protect cells from oxidative stress.