Nattokinase Plus contains the proteolytic enzyme nattokinase and inulin. Proteolytic enzymes work as organic catalysts (accelerators) to break down large molecules of proteins. When these proteolytic enzymes are taken with food, they promote the breakdown of dietary proteins up to amino acids that are easily absorbed by the digestive system. When used on an empty stomach, the enzymes are absorbed into the blood and circulated to the tissues, where they systematically exert their protein breakdown function2.
Fibrin is an insoluble protein formed during the final stage of blood clotting. It is found in blood vessels and the bloodstream. Blood cells are trapped in a web made of fibrin. With a large cobweb, clogging of the blood vessels can occur and subsequently the development of various cardiovascular diseases (thrombosis, myocardial infarction, stroke, pulmonary embolism)1.
The enzyme nattokinase is isolated from traditional Japanese fermented soybean Natto. Is natural and is obtained from the non-pathogenic bacterium Bacillus subtilis natto. Nattokinase is used in various countries in Asian countries and has been used in Japan for over 2,000 years. The proteolytic enzyme nattokinase is resistant to heat and stomach acids. The enzyme nattokinase contributes to better wound healing after injuries or operations3 and can improve blood circulation in the limbs4. It is also suitable to help reduce the risk of blood clots5.
The enzyme Nattokinase is a suitable alternative to the enzyme Serrapeptase.
NATTOKINASE PLUS CONTAINS:
- NSK-SD ®nattocinase - extract from fermented soybeans, contains 100 mg of active substance in 1 herbal capsule. Under this label is a certified and pure form of nattokinase with a unique authorization for placing on the market within the EU. The enzymatic activity is 2000 FU (FU = (fibrinolytic unit) which is a unit of fibrin degradation.) The higher this FU value, the stronger the effect of protein degradation)1.
- Inulin - a soluble fiber that acts as a prebiotic for probiotic cultures in the small intestine. It serves as food for its own good bacteria, which produce B vitamins and these improve the absorption of the enzyme through the wall of the small intestine, which makes maximum use of the enzyme by the body.
- Hsia et al., 2009. Nattokinase decreases plasma levels of fibrinogen, factor VII, and factor VIII in human subjects. , 29(3), 0–196. doi:10.1016/j.nutres.2009.01.009 LINK
- Mamadou, 2012. Proteolytic Enzymes: A Novel Approach in Cardiovascular Dietary Supplementation. Phytomedic Labs LINK
- Zhang et al., 2017. Nattokinase Crude Extract Enhances Cutaneous Wound Healing. Department of Laboratory Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Jining Medical University, Jining, Shandong, P. R. China Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medicine of Jiangsu Province, School of Medicine, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, 212013, Jiangsu, P. R. China LINK
- Watanabe et al., 2019. Effect of nattokinase on the blood flow improvement in healthy subjects-a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, cross-over study. Japanese pharmacology and therapeutics, 2018, 46(10), 1739‐1748 | added to CENTRAL: 31 March 2019 | 2019 Issue 3. LINK
- Weng et al. 2017. Nattokinase: An Oral Antithrombotic Agent for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 18(3), 523–. doi:10.3390/ijms18030523. LINK
- Dabbagh et al. 2014. Nattokinase: production and application. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 98(22), 9199–9206. doi:10.1007/s00253-014-6135-3 LINK